Your social media profile is the biographical detail you write and post at the various places on the web where you create a Profile (Twitter), Info Tab (Facebook) or About Me/Us page (your web site).
Your brief bios at social media sites and your longer bio on an About Me page or in a press kit is the âfirst attractorâ.Â An effective online profile will lead readers to wanting to hear what you have to sayâor see them skipping right by you.
Your Million Dollar Story is the story (or stories) you communicate that help people connect with you personally and begin to trust in your ability to help them with solutions.
Members, read on to learn how to complete an effective online profile and get into action with the Social Profile Action Steps. [Not a member yet? Join us now.] [ismember]
To complete an effective online profile, you will:
- Pick a username.
- Pick and upload an online image (or avatar).
- Write a bio/summary thatâs a one- or two-sentence description.
- Add web site links (so people can find more information about you).
The foundation for attracting well-matched people and opportunities:
- Your expertise is known, owned, and spoken with confidence.
- Your profile clearly states your expertise, who you work with, and the results people get from working with you.
- Your profile and bio contain warm, personal touch points that invite people to connect with you in a non-business way.
- Your photo is professional AND warm and inviting.
- You present a consistent message and look & feel across all your social networking sites.
- As soon as you have satisfied customers or clients, their testimonials are easy to find and access.
Part 1 — Profile Action Steps:
Step 1.Â Treasure hunt for powerful, descriptive words and phrases to use in your bio.
Step 2.Â Pick a username for your social media accounts.
Step 3.Â Pick and prepare your online profile image.
Step 4.Â Write your short bio description about yourself.
Step 5.Â Create your âGravatarâ.
Step 6.Â Decide which web site links to include so people can learn more about you.
Step 7. Â Start outlining your About Me (or Us) page for your WordPress site.
Part 1–Google Action Steps
Step 1. Create a Google account by setting up a Gmail address/account:Â https://accounts.google.com/NewAccount
Step 2. Create a Google profile. (Send the link to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like feedback on your profile.Â Put “Profile Feedback” in the subject line.)
Step 3.Â If you have a Facebook account, link to your Google profile from the Info area of your account.
Step 4.Â If you have an About Me page on a web site, link to it from your Google and Facebook accounts.
Note: Even before you have a web site with an About Me or About Us page, you can create a Google profile and link to it from your first social networking account at Facebook. The purpose is to give people a place to learn even more about you and link to all the web place where they can connect with you. [/ismember]